When Ray Taff and Colman Buckley (Dualtec) sent me their track ‘Mokum’, I instantly knew it was a dance floor monster hit. So, I thought I had do something more than just release it, that’s why this remix contest has been created.
You can now be part of this upcoming release: download the parts, read the instructions below, and create your repaint of this marvelous techno track.
- You get to release your remix along with the original tracks of the EP, and Drumcomplex’ remix.
- You get to release your own EP at Different Is Different Records in the near future.
- Remix style must be techno, and techno only. Please listen to our releases to get an idea of our sound.
- Your remix must contain at least ONE recognizable part of the original, preferably sample #7. ‘Lead Flat’
- You must submit your remix via our remix contest dropbox that you will find below
- Use this image when you upload your remix to our dropbox
- DO NOT ENABLE DOWNLOADS WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR REMIX TO OUR SOUNDCLOUD DROPBOX
- You can submit more than one remix if you like
- Send a mastered copy of your track on 16bit / 44 kHz lossless .wav or .aiff format
- Keep an unmastered copy in 24bit / 44 kHz lossless .wav or .aiff format, with enough headroom (-6dB) for us to master
- Do not send work in progress or unfinished remixes
- Remix parts are copyright of Different Is Different Records, that means, they can only be used for this contest only.
- Remix competition begins tuesday january 24th
- Submissions will closed on saturday februrary 25th
- Winner will be chosen on february 26th
The Original Track:
Ray and Colman also put together a superb tutorial on Making Techno With Ableton, where they feature ‘Mokum’. Please watch and learn:
The Remix Parts:
Submit your remix here:
The Best Entries:
Dualtec and I will judge the entries and post the best ones here: